Website Marquis Book Printing
Marquis is Canada’s largest book manufacturer.
Marquis is looking for a Material Handler for our Toronto site.
Job type: Full time, permanent
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Collecting full recycling bins, loading of trailer, collecting pallets and storing in designated spots; deliver product and materials to the appropriate department;
· Load and unload trucks; inspect, count, accept all incoming goods and input into the ERP system; ensure that goods are received without damage and match what was recorded on packing list;
· Maintain accurate records of all transactions, check inventory, make adjustments, conduct regular inventory counts; monitors supplies;
· Tag goods going into “work in process” and provide a copy of the tag to the appropriate department;
· Prepares skids/product for shipping; remove skids from Press areas and store them appropriately;
· Weighing, grading, and loading bails and recycling bins; preparing used plates for recycling pick up;
· Cleaning and maintaining bailer room due to accumulated dust;
· Weigh, wrap, and label rolls and place the roll(s) back in inventory;
· Maintain a healthy and safe working environment by adhering to Health and Safety policies and procedures including wearing personal protective equipment (PPE) and appropriate clothing to prevent injury, using safe lifting techniques, organizing an ergonomic work area; ensures that aisles are clear and removing garbage.
· Forklift, counterbalance and propane handling experience and license required;
· Excellent organization skills with strong attention to detail;
· Good English verbal communication skills, with clear and legible written skills;
· Basic understanding of manufacturing databases, all MS Office products and basic data entry;
· Demonstrated ability to problem solve, analyze, research and/or escalate issues (e.g. missing cartons, damaged product, incorrect labels, etc..);
· 2+ years of previous relevant job experience with material handling and shipping/receiving.
· $2.00 night shift premium;
· Health and Dental benefits;
· Vision care;
· Employee Assistance Program;
· Company pension;
· Life and disability insurance;
· Company events;
· Growth and advancement opportunities.
Are you interested in joining our team as a Material Handler on the night shift?
Apply now to firstname.lastname@example.org!
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for interview consideration will be contacted. Marquis encourages applications from all qualified candidates and is committed to providing accessible employment practices that comply with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment and selection process, please notify Human Resources.