Website Marquis Book Printing
Marquis is Canada’s largest book manufacturer.
The Quality Control Coordinator is the first line of investigation and documentation for internal and external quality issues and ensures that the output quality in each department meets the established standards set by the company. The ideal candidate comes from the print or packaging industry.
Marquis is looking for a Quality Control Coordinator for our Scarborough manufacturing site.
- Dynamic team;
- Company events;
- Growth and advancement opportunities;
- Employee Assistance Program;
- Group Benefits and company pension.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Research, investigate and resolve quality related production issues involving raw materials and/or finished goods;
- Work with internal and external resources to determine if issues are internally focused, vendor specific or related to raw materials (paper, film, cartons, glue etc..);
- Collect data, log information and share reports as required; assist with developing quality metrics that provide meaningful data;
- Prepare and maintain weekly quality management documentation (KPIs) detailing issues, costs, number of errors by department, etc..; present this information at monthly quality meetings.
- Assist with the development of QMS-specific company policies, processes and procedures, draft Quality SOPs;
- Develop and implement testing procedures for new material (e.g. new paper);
- Perform daily inspections and process monitoring to ensure employees adhere to quality policies and standards;
- Assist Continuous improvement Leader with quality management meetings, training and support (investigations, audits, inspections, etc..);
- Compile and perform trend and problem-solving analyses on identified or recurring situations and initiatives;
- Ensure that quality samples are available and filed appropriately;
- Maintain records and manage the compliance processes for industry specific regulatory programs (e.g. FSC, Canopy, etc.…).
- 2 years’ experience in a similar role in the Manufacturing industry, with print or packaging experience REQUIRED;
- Degree or Diploma in Graphic Communications Management or related field of study;
- Strong MS Office skills, especially Excel; experience with manufacturing databases or related platforms an asset;
- Excellent written and verbal English skills;
- Basic understanding of manufacturing processes, 5s, with LEAN manufacturing experience an asset;
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize, operate proactively and work well independently;
- Analytical team player with strong detail orientation and, the ability to evaluate options and generate solutions.
Are you interested in joining our team as a Quality Control Coordinator?
Apply now to firstname.lastname@example.org!
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for interview consideration will be contacted. Marquis encourages applications from all qualified candidates and is committed to providing accessible employment practices that comply with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment and selection process, please notify Human Resources.