Website Rocket (Formerly Taylor Printing Group Inc.)
Rocket is a full-service printing and communications company located in Fredericton, NB. The position of Bindery Operator is responsible for operating large cutters, folders, saddle-stitcher, perfect binder, Graphic Wizard (numbering, perfing and scoring machine), and some hand-bindery to fulfill the requirements that meet the customer’s needs and expectations while maintaining the highest level of quality and productivity.
This fulltime position is located in Fredericton, NB.
Main duties include but are not limited to:
- Set up, operate, and troubleshoot mechanical bindery equipment
- Ensure that each job is set up correctly as per the job ticket and that all required materials are available, including job ticket
- Work effectively in a team-oriented environment to ensure and maintain quality, accuracy, and productivity
- Perform routine preventative maintenance on the equipment, to keep it performing at optimal levels
- Assist, train and share your knowledge with less experienced personnel
- Fully understand and adhere to all relevant Environmental, Health and Safety, Human Resources, Quality, Security and Company policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as required
The successful applicant will possess the following:
- Mechanical bindery experience and familiarity with related equipment are considered strong assets
- If no industry experience, strong mechanical aptitude is a requirement
- Ability to work well under pressure and deadlines
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Computer skills – training provided on our specialized management software
- Strong attention to detail
- Desire to work collaboratively with a team
- Teachable attitude
Rocket boasts a 4-day work week, Monday-Thursday!
- Opportunity to be part of a dynamic and highly motivating work environment where you can develop your potential and launch an exciting career
- An opportunity to work in a fast-paced, industry leading company with potential to advance
- Development opportunities where your input makes a difference
- Competitive compensation package that fairly matches experience and qualifications
- Excellent health benefits plan for you and your family
Please submit your resume and cover letter to Joanne Williams, Human Resources Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. Although all applications are appreciated, only those selected for an interview will be notified.